Friday, 3 June 2011

Give me some space!


"And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone..."
(Matthew 14:23 ESV)

Jesus often withdrew from the crowds and his people to have time on his own praying.

Monthly 'Mountain Time'...

I enjoy reading the Bible and praying daily. However my favourite time of speaking to God is when I book in the diary a couple of hours, then go to pray on my own in a place of outstanding natural beauty.

God speaks to His people

God invites us to offload all our fears and concerns to Him. It's so good to do this! I have often received impressions and outstanding wisdom in this context which has been invaluable and specific for situations which I would then go and face. I am confident that He is speaking to me and shaping me through these times.

When I feel God is speaking to me I will open my Bible, look up that theme and see if it is something that God has already said which the Spirit is applying to my heart in the moment. This week I was blown away. :-)

With Him, I can...

I find these times refreshing and deeply encouraging. I love my 'mountain time'. I love being a Christian knowing that God cares about me, that he speaks to me and that he does genuinely give me strength and courage for all that life brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment