Tuesday, 22 March 2011

What should husbands do?

Sexuality, gender and roles within marriage are topics which always draw quite a response. There is much speculation and debate in our day over how we should or should not build our relationships.

In the Bible, the calling on husbands is amazing. We are called to lay our lives down in servant leadership just like Jesus. We are called to provide and to protect. I felt Andy preached brilliantly at both of our sites on Sunday.

Personally I feel challenged again to be intentional about loving my wife as I am called. I want to be quick to learn, quick to change and quick to say sorry where I have not been as I should.

CJ Mahaney encourages his men to cultivate a 'pattern of sacrifice' in their lives.

Husbands, what can we do each day to demonstrate sacrificial love for our wives?

What can we do today, that costs us, and blesses our wives?
Big things or small things, what can we do?

How can we lead our wives spiritually today?
What have you prayed for your wife today?
How will you expose her and encourage her in the word of God today?

How hard are you working today to provide for your family?

If you are a man who is not yet married, how can you start building towards this calling?



Further listening:

No comments:

Post a Comment