Tuesday, 28 September 2010

New Term, New Team

One of the funny things about being involved with student work is the pace and turnover of students. It feels like I was just getting to know and enjoying sharing life with last years team. Now they have all left!

So this new term is marked by a new student leaders team. They are a great bunch and I look forward to getting to know all of them better over the coming months. The girls seem just as keen to babysit as the team last year which is a result for my marriage!

Last week we spent two days apart at Rora House. We ate together, laughed together, worshipped together, prayed together and planned together. I did some teaching and we played some poker. :-) Day 1 was focussed on walking with the Lord and I looked to equip our guys to handle the Bible well as part of our daily devotions. It was a very practical session and I pray it will release power as the team explore using these tools this year.

Day 2 was about the student work. We prayed for our team, our students and our friends who don't know Jesus. I particularly enjoyed our sprint prayer time. I hope we can repeat this many times throughout the year. I laid out some vision and we finished the day with some nuts and bolts.

When I got home I was shattered! I didn't realise it would take so much out of me. I thoroughly enjoyed the time with the team. One of the boys took a fair amount of abuse for his recent romance and another of the guys spent a fair amount of time talking about Trago Mills. See you there?!

I am grateful and humbled by all the work our volunteers do. I was particularly pleased and grateful for Matt Melachrino who led our worship times so well and Anna Giles who came down to have dinner and meet the girls in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment