Wednesday, 28 July 2010

We are going to be missionaries

The Bible is a story about God's mission to save people for himself through Jesus.

If I believe the Bible, I am to play my part in God's great mission. It seems that at the heart of the Church we are a 'sent people'. John 17v18 1Pt2v9

I have been re-reading Total Church by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis. They sometimes ask people to imagine that they are part of a church planting team in a cross cultural situation. They conclude the paragraph by saying, "Mission is central to us wherever we are. These are the kind of questions we should be asking wherever we are."

So I have been pondering and trying to apply these questions as I seek to love my city Exeter.

  • What criteria would you use to decide where to live?
  • How would you approach secular employment?
  • What standard of living would you expect as pioneer missionaries?
  • What would you spend your time doing?
  • What opportunities would you be looking for?
  • What would your prayers be like?
  • What would you be trying to do with your new friends?
  • What kind of a team would you want around you?
  • How would you conduct your meetings together? 

1 comment: