Friday, 30 July 2010

Time for a rest

I'm going on holiday for two weeks. :-)

I'm glad that rest is something that God did (Genesis 2v1-3) and something that he commands! (Exodus 20v11) Jesus took times away from the crowds to rest.

Steve Tibbert writes, "I believe that if we rest more we will be stronger in God, we will be more effective in caring for our families and will be more churches we lead.

Many of us think that if we worked a little harder we would be more fruitful - I'm saying that rest is the critical factor." He writes a good paper which is worth a read.

I'm looking forward to investing time with my family and doing a bit of reading. We'll be by his sea in Cornwall. "The sea is his, for he made it." Psalm 95v5. We're also planning on spending time with some old friends and family. Can't wait. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment