Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Matt Giles Track

Matt taught us another new song this week. His writing has been prolific as we have walked through the first two chapters of Ephesians. I expect Matt to make a valuable contribution to our teaching ministry through his exceptional gifting. 

In a recent attempt to sow the spirit I have got all of Matt's recent songs on my ipod. :-) 



I particularly enjoy singing, about how the gospel is much bigger than just me. I find this to be like fresh water. Listen here http://www.honeycombmusic.co.uk/audio/ForYourGlory_acoustic.mp3

I was a stranger to the promise of God,

But I was purchased through the blood of His Son.
It is a work not of my own,
So that I should never boast.

I see the Gospel is much bigger than me,
More than a rescue plan to help in my need.
It is a plan for all of time,
To unite all things in Christ.

For Your glory, I'm saved to the praise of Your glory.
Jesus, for Your glory, I'm saved by Your grace for Your glory.

He bought us fully to make one man in Christ,
That we might turn and love the ones we despised.
There is no wall between us now;
All of the walls are broken down.

He is our peace with God and man, 
Through His cross our hate was slain.
He is the hope of all to come, 
He is our one, our only name.

No comments:

Post a Comment