Wednesday, 30 June 2010

I'm new here

A guy was speaking me to last week at the golf club and said, "I shot 32." I had no idea what he was talking about. Is that good or is that bad? I took a long shot and replied, "did you win?" He said no. I'm not sure if he was anywhere close or not or if I gave myself away!

Lost

I don't really know where I am supposed to walk or not walk. I'm not really sure what to wear. I do not know the rules. I do not understand the language. I don't like being watched and I have found myself abnormally nervous. I do not want anyone to make me look stupid but I do want to know what is expected of me early and discreetly.

Clues

It has been very good to be outside of my comfort zone and re-learn what I appreciate from people when I am in a new context for the first time. I am gradually learning about golf. I now have some clue about what to do and I think I have also picked a few little clues about how to make our Church more helpful. 

I think it's good to be in the position of 'learner' so we can empathise more easily with those who visit our church and are our of their comfort zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment