Thursday, 13 May 2010

Two weeks of travels...

It has been a big couple of weeks for me. Leadership Training in Brighton, a big Sunday in Exeter followed by Prayer and Fasting in Peterborough. I'm not used to being away from home quite so much.

A huge blessing

I feel I have been really blessed. I have learnt loads from different leaders to be applied in different areas of life and ministry. It is something of way of viewing life and the reality of the gospel which I catch again when I am around people passionate about Jesus. Seeing and hearing Andrew Wilson, Joel Virgo, Matt Partridge, Matt Hatch and Matt Chandler can only be good for my soul. I hope the more I receive, the more I will have to give to the people I love in my Church and City.

It was my first time to Prayer and Fasting. It is a good time. Was good to see a couple of the boys from leadership training. You hear news and updates from the New Frontiers family. Dave Stroud and Terry Virgo shared various developments. Terry spoke of the team developing and the language which will be used to describe New Frontiers in the future. 'Autonomous interdependent apostolic spheres' was the phrase I think he used.

Praying for the nations

While fasting we had two hour sessions throughout the day with breaks in between. Each session was kicked off with a time of worship and then into praying for various items as different people shared and led us in prayer. We prayed for many different nations and regions of our nation over our time together.

Matt Chandler was awesome in the evening. He is very direct and provocative. Hopefully his message will be online soon.

Back home

We travelled back Wednesday to teach on the I.D. course. In my view it was a somewhat jaded effort. I always find it annoying what things don't go as well as they could have. A time to draw on and trust in God for me.

Asking God for help as I prepare sermon for Sunday. Glad to be home. I have a night in with my wife tonight which I am pleased to have protected in the diary. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment