Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Enjoying the sunshine


I love the sun

Exeter is beautiful in the sunshine. I personally love it when it is hot. The last couple of days have been awesome. I enjoyed snoozing on my deck chair in the yard, taking the boy to the park and Chloe and I took him to the beach yesterday.

It leads me to Him

Some people seem to be 'sun worshippers'. If the sun is out, we drop everything else to get in its presence. We love to worship created things. I am determined to enjoy the sun as a way to draw close to the one who made the sun!

The sun is amazing

On the Dvd Indescribable, Louie Giglio gives us a quick description of this incredible star which we call the sun. The sun is 93million miles away. It burns at 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. When I turn my oven to 180 degrees (350 degrees Fahrenheit) it burns if I touch it! It is 100x the diameter of earth. It sends out light at 186,000 miles per second. It takes 8minutes for light to reach us.



Raw power

It is like billions of nuclear bombs going off!Apparently it would take the GDP of America ($14.6 trillion) for seven million years to power the sun for one second. Can you get your mind around that?!
This raging ball of fire was spoken into being by our maker God. I'm not sure I've read such an understatement.3 And God said, c “Let there be light,” and there was light.

From Him

Right now, its being sustained and maintained by the power and might of Jesus Christ. We read in Colossians 1v16 that it is Him who holds all things together. All the gases, all the chemical dynamics created and continuing in existence because of Jesus. He is ferociously powerful beyond my imagination. Don't mess.

2 comments:

  1. I think we can go even better than that - Psalm 19:5... the sun shows us the bridegroom (Jesus)... and the light shines in the darkness as Jesus did, the sun rises and triumphs over the darkness each day proclaiming the resurrection of Jesus who died in the dark and rose in the morning.

    We can get a big gospel theology from the shining of the summer sun (which I agree is brilliant!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to end with 'Don't Mess'. Classic.

    ReplyDelete