Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Keep reading, keep learning.

One of things I enjoy about being a young pastor is that I am student in every area. I have so much to learn and I enjoy doing so. As well as being on leadership training and having a great mentor, I have committed to keep reading as a priority. I want to keep reading, keep learning and keep working to develop the gifts God has given me.

I am currently enjoying this book by John Maxwell. I'd really recommend it. It covers all the main bases of leadership and has really got me thinking...

“When I turned forty, I began to review my life. I made a list of all the things I was doing at that time. My list included:

Senior pastor of a congregation of 3,500 attendees; Oversight and development of thirteen pastors; President of Injoy, Inc., a company that develops resource materials for thousands of people; A national and international speaking schedule with over four hundred engagements annually; Producing a monthly leadership tape for Injoy Life Club subscribers; Writing a book every eighteen months; Working on another education degree; And most important-taking enough time for my wife, Margaret, and our two children, Elizabeth and Joel Porter.”

He has my attention!

1 comment: