Monday, 9 November 2009

This is it

Chloe and I went to see Michael Jackson's film last week. He was amazing. His attention to detail, his singing, his dancing and his creativity was inspiring. I've never seen anything like it. Had he pulled those concerts off they would have been something else. Genius.
I read this week from AW Tozer, "Man for all his genius is but an echo of the original voice, a reflection of the uncreated light. As a sunbeam perishes when cut off from the sun, so man apart from God would pass back into the void of nothingness from which he first leaped at the creative call."
I still don't know what to make of Micheal Jackson. I had Bad, Dangerous and History and as a young boy I learnt as many of his dance moves as I could. The worship he received from millions was testified to by the interviews from his dancers on film. Then there was the children (!) and those TV interviews and now his song which is being played around the world... "I am the light of the world," he sings. The Bible declares, "it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment." I wonder how Jackson will feel when he meets The Light of the World. I'm glad God knows all that went on and will deal with it.
Gifting is always pleasing to the eye. Micheal Jackson's gifting and creativity reveals something of God to me, the creator of creativity. Jackson in all his glory and gifting was but an echo of the creative genius of Jesus Christ, who gave him all his gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment